Our founder has over 40 years of successful technical and business relationships with profitable companies, both domestic and internationally. Working with leaders in information technology, such as IBM, NCR Corp., Xerox, Novell, and Microsoft, has provided him with a broad range of technical knowledge and business experiences.
A consistent learner and seasoned IT professional, he works with ease at both strategic and operational levels.
Originally incorporated this company to provide contract technical training to Novell/Microsoft/IBM authorized education centres across Canada. Subsequently expanded services to include sales, consulting, support, business development, and IT staffing to local IT companies and SMB clients.
Ed has attained the following technical certifications: Certified Novell Instructor/CNE (NetWare 3/4/5/6), IBM Certified Instructor/Warp Systems Expert (OS/2 Warp Server), Microsoft Certified Trainer/MCSE/MCP+I (NT4), as well as CompTIA A+/CTT+.
Responsible for total company management of two firms owned by a single individual. CBM Ltd. represents AT&T Global Information Solutions (formerly NCR), XEROX, and Exide Electronics, while CDS Ltd. represents IBM as an Advanced Products, Lexmark Printer / Typewriter Dealer, and as an IBM Authorized Service Contractor on AS/400, RS/6000, and ABM equipment. Managed sales, marketing, finance, administration, personnel, customer and professional services.
Awarded IBM PC Blue Ribbon Dealer status in 1994 for over-achievement in sales, service, and customer satisfaction.
Provided systems consultation for small to medium sized businesses. Established alliances with several independent consulting firms to provide single source consulting solutions to clients, and several international software vendors to provide support on installations in the Toronto area.
Recruited by the Bermuda based parent company initially to provide engineering support for a Burroughs (now UNISYS) B1965 financial system for a major offshore bank. Assumed the following additional responsibilities during his tenure: office administrator to provide product costing/analysis and financial reporting to the Controller of the Bermuda based parent company; sales to designated key accounts; software support of an international, multi-currency, banking package (MicroBank).
Recruited from Canada by the President of this firm through several telephone interviews. Assigned to the Large Systems Group whose task was to maintain 10 NCR Criterion mainframes on the Island. Within 6 months of his posting, Ed assumed the responsibilities of primary mainframe engineer for one of the 3 banks domiciled in Bermuda, and primary NCR engineer for mainframe connectivity on the Island.
As the sole resident support engineer Ed covered a territory within an approximate 100 mile radius of Belleville, Ontario. Maintained the same monthly maintenance revenue targets as a typical engineer located in a metropolitan center. Supported large 3270, 2780, 3780 networks as well as RJE and Keybatch systems. Functioned as a troubleshooter on network faults between remote cities/towns and metropolitan centers. Received an International President's Club Award in 1981 for excellence in field service within the Ottawa District.
Spent 8 months at NCR's Corporate Technical Education Center in Dayton, Ohio on Century series mainframe training, and upon completion, was posted to Belleville. The second member of a 2 man team whose primary mission was to provide 24 hour per day support on a NCR mainframe system for a Royal Bank of Canada Area Processing Center located in Belleville. Secondary duties included supporting a variety of electro-mechanical and electronic accounting, bank proof, and Point of Sale equipment. Sales experience on entry-level electronic cash registers.
Apprenticed under the supervision of several senior engineers, acquiring preventative and remedial maintenance skills on NCR mechanical cash registers and accounting machines.
• Pure Storage FlashArray - 2015
• Emergency First Responder - 2007
• Novell CNE (6.x) - 2007
• CompTIA CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) - 2001
• Compaq StorageWorks Design and Implementation - 2001
• Novell CNE (5.x) - 2000
• Microsoft MCSE/MCP+I (NT4) - 2000
• CompTIA A+ - 1997
• Microsoft MCT / MCP - 1997
• IBM Certified Instructor/Warp Systems Expert - 1996 (OS/2 Warp Server)
• Novell CNI, CNE (3.x, 4.x) - 1996
• Friesen, Kaye & Associates, Instructional Techniques Workshop, Toronto - 1996
• IBM LAN Concepts, Jamaica - 1991
• IBM Professional Business & Sales Management, Miami, Florida - 1990
• SCO XENIX System Administration for Technical Users, Toronto, Canada - 1989
• Financial Systems Ltd. "MicroBank" software, Guernsey, Channel Islands - 1988
• XEROX Customer Satisfaction Skills, Ottawa, Canada - 1983
• Member, Belleville & District Chamber of Commerce (small business committee) - 1995 to 2006
• Executive Council of the Cayman Islands Computer Society - 1987 to 1994
• Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce - "BIS" committee - 1992 to 1994
• Advisor to the co-ordinator of Junior Achievement in the Cayman islands - 1992
• PADI Master Scuba Diver -1988
• PADI Divemaster -1989